Calendar of Events
Check out the tourdates at:
10.19.09 GNR just announced a Canadian Tour!!!! Click here for details! 4.10.09 Chinese Democracy is coming to Rock Band next week! Click here to read more details. 3.21.09
GUNS N' ROSES NAMES DJ ASHBA AS BAND'S NEWEST AXEMAN
Guns N' Roses is proud to announce that guitarist n' songwriter Dj Ashba has joined the band for an upcoming tour. Ashba, who officially replaces current NIN guitarist Robin Finck, is best known as co-founder of hard rock bands Sixx AM and Beautiful Creatures. "Dj's a gifted, energetic guitarist that Guns N' Roses is proud to have on board!!" exclaims Axl Rose. "We're very excited to have the opportunity to work together. Guns' radar has silently been aware of Dj's presence for quite some time! He brings a fresh approach to our particular brand of mayhem expanding the tapestry of Guns N' Roses live. Once Dj's name was in the hat, the hat disappeared!!" "It's an honor to have the opportunity to be a part of a band that I have always loved and respected," said Dj Ashba. "I'm looking forward to working with Axl, who is not only one of the few great front men of our generation, but a true artist." Dj Ashba co-wrote and co-produced Motley Crue's latest album "Saints of Los Angeles," which garnered a 2008 GRAMMY nomination for Best Hard Rock Performance, as well as co-wrote and co-produced the Sixx AM album "Heroin Diaries." Robin continues to be part of GN'R, by virtue of Guns' history and his involvement in Chinese Democracy. Now, one step closer to the abyss, Ashba joins a band who's all time roster is nearly as long as it's founder Axl Rose's rap sheet! -GNR
3.4.09 New Axl Rose interview on spinner.com!! Rolling Stone article about summer tour! 2.6.09 Axl Rose New Interview with Billboard!!! 12.16.08 Axl Rose recently broke his silence about many different topics with some fan Q&As! You can read the transcripts here and here.
11.23.08 Chinese Democracy is out now, buy it now!!!! 11.9.08 Beginning this Sunday, November 9th, you can pre-order Guns N' Roses new album, Chinese Democracy, at Best Buy or iTunes and receive the single immediately! Click HERE to pre-order NOW at Best Buy. (iTunes Pre-Order and Napster.com download will be available Sunday)
Here's a nice article about the relevance of Chinese Democracy.
Check out this new GNR promo ad on youtube! 10.25.08 Dr Pepper to Deliver on Its Promise - Readies Coupons for All Americans to Celebrate Release of New Guns N' Roses Album
Last update: 5:14 p.m. EDT Oct. 22, 2008
PLANO, Texas, Oct 22, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Don't cry, Guns N' Roses fans. The agonizing wait for the 17 years-in-the-making masterpiece Chinese Democracy will finally be over (fingers crossed) on Nov. 23, 2008. Sure, there have been more rumored release dates than the 23 flavors of Dr Pepper, but if Chinese Democracy hits stores as announced today, it's going to be so easy, easy for every American to get a free Dr Pepper as promised.
"We never thought this day would come," said Tony Jacobs, vice president of marketing for Dr Pepper. "But now that it's here all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."
Dr Pepper is ready to give out free soda coupons to every American when the album releases on Nov. 23, 2008. If you're out to get a free Dr Pepper just follow these simple steps:
HOW TO GET YOUR FREE DR PEPPER
1. On the Nov. 23, 2008 release date, go to www.drpepper.com 2. Register your information to receive a coupon for one free 20-oz. Dr Pepper. 3. When your coupon arrives, redeem it wherever Dr Pepper is sold. 4. Drink your Dr Pepper slowly to experience all 23 flavors. Dr's orders.
Coupons will be available for 24 hours, starting at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on Nov. 23, 2008.
Allow 4-6 weeks for coupon to arrive. Coupons will expire on Feb. 28, 2009. Limit one coupon per person.
Full terms and conditions available at www.drpepper.com .
The day has arrived! Chinese Democracy has hit radio stations and is playing near you!!!! You can hear it on the official website as well! Also here is a press release from rolling stone about the album release! Dr. Pepper is making good on their promise and you can read more about how to redeem your free drink here! 10.21.08 Billboard reports in this article that the new GNR single hits radio tomorrow!!!!! 10.20.08 Chinese Democracy tracklisting and release date has been posted on the Best Buy Website!!! I think the wait is almost over!!! 9.27.08 Guns N' Roses premiering new song "If the World" in Body of Lies! story from rolling stone website!!!! 9.17.08 Rock Band 2 featuring Shackler's Revenge is available now!!! 7.14.08 News story from official GNR site!! HARMONIX AND MTV GAMES UNVEIL SETLIST FOR
ROCK BAND™2 - THE ULTIMATE MUSIC GAME
Game to Feature Unrivaled Blend of Classic, Developing and New Artists
Rock Band Platform to Encompass More Than 500 Songs by End of 2008
Los Angeles, Calif. – July 14, 2008 – Harmonix, the world’s premier music video game company, and MTV Games, a division of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), along with marketing and distribution partner Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), today revealed at the 2008 E3 Media & Business Summit the song set list for Rock Band™ 2, the next evolution of the groundbreaking Rock Band music platform. The Rock Band 2 soundtrack will feature over 100 songs with over 80 songs on disc plus an additional 20 bonus tracks which will be made available for free download this fall. This builds upon the unparalleled depth and diversity of Rock Band’s original set list and its ever-expanding library of downloadable tracks. Comprised entirely of master recordings from some of rock’s most prolific and untouchable artists, including AC/DC, Guns N’ Roses, Bob Dylan, Metallica, Pearl Jam and more, Rock Band 2 will deliver the most impressive and largest music catalogue of any music-based videogame ever.
• After 14 years since Guns N’ Roses last official music release, Axl Rose selects Rock Band 2 to debut official new track “Shackler's Revenge” from the highly-anticipated album Chinese Democracy.
• Rock Band 2 is the first and only video game to feature the music of AC/DC. It includes their epic rock anthem, "Let There Be Rock.”
• For the first time ever, music from American music icon, Bob Dylan, is featured in a video game with “Tangled Up In Blue.”
• Rock Band 2 will feature backwards compatibility with all Rock Band downloadable music content released to date.
• Owners of the original Rock Band will have the ability to export most of the Rock Band disc tracks and upgrade them into Rock Band 2 gameplay--the first time ever in videogame history!
• With ongoing weekly DLC releases including individual tracks, track packs and full albums, the Rock Band music library will feature more than 500 songs by year’s end!
“With Rock Band, Harmonix and MTV Games set out to create a powerful music platform for music fans, their friends and families to discover music in a way unlike ever before,” said Paul DeGooyer, SVP Electronic Games and Music, MTV. “We are honored that such legendary artists as AC/DC, Guns N’ Roses, Bob Dylan and more have chosen Rock Band 2 as a new platform for fans to experience their music. As our catalog of disc and downloadable songs continues to grow, we are determined to continue to provide the Rock Band community an unmatched ability to customize their musical experience with the artists and songs they love.”
Rock Band 2 On-Disc Track List:
Artist Song Title Decade
1. AC/DC “Let There Be Rock” 1970s
2. AFI “Girl’s Gone Grey” 2000’s
3. Alanis Morissette “You Oughta Know” 1990’s
4. Alice in Chains “Man in the Box” 1990’s
5. Allman Brothers “Ramblin’ Man” 1970’s
6. Avenged Sevenfold “Almost Easy” 2000’s
7. Bad Company “Shooting Star” 1970’s
8. Beastie Boys “So Whatcha Want” 1990’s
9. Beck “E-Pro” 2000’s
10. Bikini Kill “Rebel Girl” 1990’s
11. Billy Idol “White Wedding Pt. I” 1980’s
12. Blondie “One Way or Another” 1970’s
13. Bob Dylan “Tangled Up in Blue” 1970’s
14. Bon Jovi “Livin’ on a Prayer” 1980’s
15. Cheap Trick “Hello There” 1970’s
16. Devo “Uncontrollable Urge” 1980’s
17. Dinosaur Jr. “Feel the Pain” 1990’s
18. Disturbed “Down with the Sickness” 2000’s
19. Dream Theater “Panic Attack” 2000’s
20. Duran Duran “Hungry Like the Wolf” 1980’s
21. Elvis Costello “Pump It Up” 1970’s
22. Fleetwood Mac “Go Your Own Way” 1970’s
23. Foo Fighters “Everlong” 1990’s
24. Guns N’ Roses “Shackler’s Revenge” 2000’s
25. Interpol “PDA” 2000’s
26. Jane’s Addiction “Mountain Song” 1980’s
27. Jethro Tull “Aqualung” 1970’s
28. Jimmy Eat World “The Middle” 2000’s
29. Joan Jett “Bad Reputation” 1980’s
30. Journey “Anyway You Want It” 1970’s
31. Judas Priest “Painkiller” 1990’s
32. Kansas “Carry On Wayward Son” 1970’s
33. L7 “Pretend We’re Dead” 1990’s
34. Lacuna Coil “Our Truth” 2000’s
35. Linkin Park “One Step Closer” 2000’s
36. Lit “My Own Worst Enemy” 1990’s
37. Lush “De-Luxe” 1990’s
38. Mastodon “Colony of Birchmen” 2000’s
39. Megadeth “Peace Sells” 1980’s
40. Metallica “Battery” 1980’s
41. Mighty Mighty Bosstones “Where’d You Go” 1990’s
42. Modest Mouse “Float On” 2000’s
43. Motorhead “Ace of Spades” 1980’s
44. Nirvana “Drain You” 1990’s
45. Norman Greenbaum “Spirit in the Sky” 1960’s
46. Panic at the Disco “Nine in the Afternoon” 2000’s
47. Paramore “That’s What You Get” 2000’s
48. Pearl Jam “Alive” 1990’s
49. Presidents of the USA “Lump” 1990’s
50. Rage Against the Machine “Testify” 1990’s
51. Ratt “Round & Round” 1980’s
52. Red Hot Chili Peppers “Give it Away” 1990’s
53. Rise Against “Give it All” 2000’s
54. Rush “The Trees” 1970’s
55. Silversun Pickups “Lazy Eye” 2000’s
56. Smashing Pumpkins “Today” 1990’s
57. Social Distortion “I Was Wrong” 1990’s
58. Sonic Youth “Teenage Riot” 1980’s
59. Soundgarden “Spoonman” 1990’s
60. Squeeze “Cool for Cats” 1970’s
61. Steely Dan “Bodhitsattva” 1970’s
62. Steve Miller Band “Rock’n Me” 1970’s
63. Survivor “Eye of the Tiger” 1980’s
64. System of a Down “Chop Suey” 2000’s
65. Talking Heads “Psycho Killer” 1970’s
66. Tenacious D “Master Exploder” 2000’s
67. Testament “Souls of Black” 1990’s
68. The Donnas “New Kid in School” 2000’s
69. The Go-Go’s “We Got the Beat” 1980’s
70. The Grateful Dead “Alabama Getaway” 1980’s
71. The Guess Who “American Woman” 1970’s
72. The Muffs “Kids in America” 1990’s
73. The Offspring “Come Out & Play (Keep ‘em Separated)” 1990’s
74. The Replacements “Alex Chilton” 1980’s
75. The Who “Pinball Wizard” 1960’s
Bonus Artist Bonus Song Title Decade
76. Abnormality “Visions” 2000’s
77. Anarchy Club “Get Clean” 2000’s
78. Bang Camaro “Night Lies” 2000’s
79. Breaking Wheel “Shoulder to the Plow” 2000’s
80. The Libyans “Neighborhood” 2000’s
81. The Main Drag “A Jagged Gorgeous Winter” 2000’s
82. Speck “Conventional Lover” 2000’s
83. The Sterns “Supreme Girl” 2000’s
84. That Handsome Devil “Rob the Prez-O-Dent” 2000’s
** The Rock Band 2 on-disc track list is comprised entirely of master recordings.
More news about music on the Rock Band platform will be announced during the coming months.
Rock Band 2 will make its debut on Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft this September and have an exclusive launch window in North America. Rock Band 2 will be available for the PLAYSTATION® 3 and PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment systems and Wii™ later this year.
The Rock Band online Music Store recently surpassed 16 million paid downloads since the game’s launch in late November 2007.With more than 200 tracks available to date on disc and via download purchase (complete list of tracks at http://www.rockband.com/dlc), the massive Rock Band Music Store allows players to preview and purchase downloadable individual music tracks, packs and albums from the vast selection of offerings available as they build their own custom Rock Band library.
Rock Band 2 is rated “T” for Teen (lyrics, suggestive themes) by the ESRB.
For more information on Rock Band and Harmonix Music Systems please visit www.rockband.com and www.harmonixmusic.com 11.5.07 Izzy Stradlin is planning on releasing a new acoustic album later this month via the iTunes Music Store.
The album is called Fire and it was recorded in California during the summer.
The album is all acoustic, two guitars with one playing slide.
Rick Richards and Taz Bentley play on some of the album along with JT (bass and percussion). He also mixed it in Dallas at Nomad Studios.
Two of the songs, called "Box" and "Seems To Me", were co-written by Timo Kaltia (who also co-wrote GN'R's Right Next Door To Hell).
8.20.07 Axl Rose is to guest on Sebastian Bach's new album Angel Down! Read more on this article. 5.31.07 Izzy Stradlin's new album "Miami" is now out on the Itunes Store. You can only get it that way so go there and check it out! 5.23.07 Velvet Revolver is going to be touring with Alice in Chains! For more on this click here. 5.3.07 Izzy Stradlin would like to inform all fans that a new album is on the way ~ expect to see "MIAMI" cropping up on iTunes sometime between May and June 2007.
The album, featuring 11 tracks recorded at Criteria Studios in Miami, is described by guitarist Rick Richards as being "a bit of a departure from "Like A Dog" but still quite a rocker!"
Izzy will be trying his best to keep the fans informed of the pending release, stating "I've just finished sending new CD "MIAMI" to iTunes." Izzy has also offered to share one song with the fans directly through ChopAway.com adding: "...to share with the fans until it is actually up on iTunes, there is a ragga song. It's called "fso ragga" ~ and it can be downloaded from the front page of ChopAway.com. A sample of the opening track, entitled 'TJ' can be found at the same location.
The album is an exclusive 'iTunes only' release, which will be available in USA, Canada, Japan, Australia and Europe simultaneously. As no physical CD release is planned, that we know of anyway, we are strongly suggesting that all fans download a copy of iTunes in order to get the album. "MIAMI" features the regular lineup of Izzy Stradlin on vocals and guitar, Rick Richards taking lead guitar, and Taz Bentley on drums. JT Longoria, who appeared on several "Like A Dog" tracks returns to cover bass duties on the album, and friend Joey Huffman takes keyboards.
Taz Bentley, who appears on all of Izzys solo albums dating from 1998 - 2007 recalled the recording sessions for "MIAMI": "We had such a good time recording this one. We did it before Christmas and when we got back home decided it was so much fun that we should go back and do some more." Describing the sound of the forthcoming album Taz added: "This recording is more loose. We spent time jamming the songs out a pinch more than normal. I was in a great place mentally so I think that carried over into the recordings. Izzy, Rick and I found a hole in the wall cuban restaurant that we would walk to every day for lunch. The vibe was relaxed and the songs are as strong and diverse as always."
To keep the fans happy before the album is officially released, Izzy sent along the following message: "In a few days I'll be sending more clips. Probably from the songs "Buildings In The Sky", and "Let Go". " Izzy has also included the album artwork, for fans to take a look at, whilst he also mentioned the origin of the artwork, with Izzy saying: "....Picture with no print....cool!...I shot it in an abandoned steelmill in Ajo, Arizona last week......"
"MIAMI" continues Izzys prolific run of album releases. Starting in 1998 with the scorchin' 117° on Geffen Records, he followed up with Ride On in 1999, River in 2001, On Down The Road in 2002, and finally Like A Dog in 2005.
A very welcome update for the fans I'm sure ~ Izzy signed off with a simple "laters... Izzy".
4.26.07 After some injury delays, GNR is to start World Tour in Mexico!!!!!
To read the article and the rest of the dates click here. 4.11.07 GNR Forced to delay Japan shows due to injury! read more here. 4.5.07 Guns 'n' Roses To Tour Australia
by Paul Cashmere - April 4 2007
Axl Rose is returning to Australia for the first time in 14 years with his new incarnation of Guns 'n' Roses.
Promoter Paul Dainty has scored the coup for Australia.
The G 'n' R Chinese Democracy tour will play Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth in June.
The tour is hopefully going to mark the release of the long-awaited 'Chinese Democracy' album which is already 8 years overdue. The only track to officially surface from the album was 'End of Days' on the 1999 soundtrack to 'End of Days'.
The Guns 'n' Roses line-up is W. Axl Rose on vocals, guitarists Robin Finck and Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal and Richard Fortus, bass player Tommy Stinson, keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pittman and drummer Frank Ferrer.
Rose has had a revolving door of players for this version of Guns 'n' Roses ever since the original band broke up. Most are know known as Velvet Revolver.
The Australian tour will be a spectacular in its own right with Skid Row's Sebastian Bach and Australia's rock legends Rose Tattoo performing as special guests.
Tickets go on sale on Thursday April 26th.
Sunday 10 June – PERTH - Burswood Dome
Wednesday 13 June – ADELAIDE - Entertainment Centre
Friday 15 June – MELBOURNE - Rod Laver Arena
Wednesday 20 June – BRISBANE - Entertainment Centre
Saturday 23 June – SYDNEY - Acer Arena
Guns N' Roses are set to rock Auckland's Vector Arena this June in a special one-night-only concert.
The infamous rockers will come to New Zealand for the first time since 1993, as part of the Chinese Democracy World Tour.
They will play the 12,200 capacity stadium on Friday, June 29.
Tickets to the show will go on sale on Monday, April 30 at 9am through TicketMaster.
The band will be joined by two special guests - former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach and Australian blues rockers, Rose Tattoo.
Gun N' Roses last played in New Zealand to a crowd of 52,000 at Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium.
3.21.07 Japanese and African tourdates have been announced on the GNR website! 2.22.07 GNR has issued an update on Chinese Democracy on their website!! 2.9.07 Guns N' Roses played a show at the Walk of Style ceremony in Beverly Hills last night! To read more click here.